We all love over fried chicken. Now you can enjoy the irresistible taste of oven fried chicken without the extra calories of deep frying.
This recipe is great either hot or cold and is great for taking to work as well. Oven fried chicken is an excellent choice for those who want the great taste of fried chicken but want to lose or maintain their weight.
Long term weight loss Is not about hunger, misery and crash diet. It’s all about a whole new way of learning to prepare nutritious food that your body needs and enjoys. We have selected a range of hunger fighting, low fat recipes to help you keep your weight under control. These irresistible over fried chicken, no-hassle meals will help you reach your weight-loss goals – while making your meal time a real treat.
Diversity is an essential component of any successful health plan. Whenever you get bored with foods, you are a lot more likely to give up on your health plan altogether. Each main meal should be accompanied by an exciting range of colorful vegetables.
Ingredients For Oven Fried Chicken (serves two)
* Vegetable oil spray
* 1 cup high fiber breakfast cereal
* 2 teaspoons 33% reduced sodium chicken bouillon
* 1 tablespoon very low sodium chicken bouillon
* Add black pepper to taste
* Add chili powder to taste
* 1 teaspoon canola oil
* 2 egg whites, slightly beaten
* 8 oz or 250g skinless chicken breast
1. Preheat over to 180C (350F). Coat a cookie sheet with vegetable oil spray.
2. In a food processor, combine cereal, both types of bouillon, chili powder and pepper. Process until it is fine ‘meal’. Alternatively, crush the cereal with a rolling pin or other means. Be sure it is exceptionally fine. Place in a small, flat container.
3. In another small, flat container, whisk together the oil and egg whites.
4. Cut chicken into strips and dip into egg-oil mixture. Then dredge in cereal meal, coating each strip well.
5. Place each strip on the cookie sheet and coat tops of strips with vegetable oil spray.
6. Bake for 30 minutes.
* Nutrition Per Serve = 285 calories, carbohydrates 24g, Protein 38g, Fat 7g
*/ of interest…
Quick And Easy Meals In A Rush